Monday, September 19, 2011

How Do I know If my brakes hoses are bad on cavalier?

On 01 Cavalier how would I know if brake hoses are bad. And calipers too? My car makes gm squeek noise when I stop sometimes. You know the signal when brakes pads are low. I replaced pads. Used c clamp to push piston back into caliper and it seemed ok. Still makes warning sound when braking. Any thoughts.How Do I know If my brakes hoses are bad on cavalier?Did you also replace the rotors/drums? They might be worn out as well, I recently replaced my rotors and pads all the way around and it still squeaked for a little while due to new equipment. After a while it went away. The hoses should have little to nothing to due with that noise. But if they are dry-rotted (the rubber lines are cracking and crumbling) and also looks for leaks and bulges. if any, replace them.

No comments:

Post a Comment