Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I fix brakes on a bike (rim brakes) that are bent to one side?

The front brakes on my bike are currently in such a way that when I'm not applying the brakes, one of the pads is touching the rim, while the other pad is about 1cm away from the rim, how do I straighten them? Thanks.How do I fix brakes on a bike (rim brakes) that are bent to one side?assuming they are v brakes, there is a small screw on one of the arms , tighten the screw will pull the arm away from the wheel and vice vera, your brake arms should be centered( same gap between pad and wheel on each side) after doing this you may need to adjust the cable slack at the the leverHow do I fix brakes on a bike (rim brakes) that are bent to one side?There are several different types of rim brakes. It would have been useful if you had given this information, since procedures differ somewhat depending on what type of rim brake( cantilever, v-brake, single pivot side pull, double pivot side pull, centre pull, or u-brake) you have.How do I fix brakes on a bike (rim brakes) that are bent to one side?http://bicycletutor.com/part/brake/
  • facial cream for dry skin
  • brazilian wax experience
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment