Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I adjust the front disc brakes on a Dodge Dakota?

I recently reinflated my front driver's side tire (it was down to 10 psi), and ever since then, the front end makes a loud CLUNK every time I apply or release the brakes. It seems to be on the passenger side. I pulled the wheel and the brake calipers seem a bit tight. Going over speed bumps at %26lt;5 mph does the same thing.How do I adjust the front disc brakes on a Dodge Dakota?i think you are experincing caliper slap. you need to have your brakes done..if its that wore that it has enough space to %26quot;clunk%26quot; it is wore. and common sence tells me if one side is that wore...the other side wont be far behind. there are a few diff ways to do it, you can replace all the hardware...or get the spacers...no yours is not the first like this so they make a lil spacer to go in there to take up the extra space.



i think the fact you put air in your tire at the same time has little or nothing to do with it....BUT i would look at the front end upper/lower ball joints, pitman arm, drag link, inner and outer tie rod ends, check your bearings repack em. what im saying is if you dont know your way around the front end of a truck...take it somplace that does or you could end up spending ALOT more later. i just had one where a chick lost her lower ball joint on the freeway...luckly she dident kill herself or somone else. cost her bout 100 bucks for the ball joint and 1500 more in fixing the repairs of it coming unglued at 75 mph!How do I adjust the front disc brakes on a Dodge Dakota?Sounds like you might need to replace the caliper.The piston is probably sticking. You could also try greasing the tracks that the brake pads ride on. I don't know why it does the same thing when you go over a bump. Maybe its not a brake problem at all!How do I adjust the front disc brakes on a Dodge Dakota?Sounds to me like your shocks are blown and your vehicle is pitching forward/rocking back when you use the brakes, and bottoming them out. Same when you go over the speed bump. Doesn't sound brake related to me. Calipers aren't fastened to the wheel. They contain hydraulic pistons actuated by the brake pedal that drive the pads forward when you press the pedal. If the piston failed in the open position, with the pad against the rotor, you would hear constant grinding and your rotor would be chewed up. I'd check suspension components for the cause.How do I adjust the front disc brakes on a Dodge Dakota?Disk brakes are not adjustable. A loose caliper mount could possibly cause the clunk you're hearing.



You may also have problems in the front suspension. Bent or broken strut. Bad strut mount. Loose hardware. Bad ball joint. Bad shock or shock mount. Bad wheel bearings.How do I adjust the front disc brakes on a Dodge Dakota?What year is the dakota?How do I adjust the front disc brakes on a Dodge Dakota?your brakes shouldnt be hitting because of your tire deflating brakes dont need any more than a cm of clearence to fit it sounds like you have a bad ball joint or one of the suspension arms are broken
  • cute hair
  • natural hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment