Monday, September 19, 2011

How much should it cost to get the brakes on my Scooter serviced.?

I have a chinese 125 Hyosung scooter, and the brakes badly need servicing... how much including labour should this cost?How much should it cost to get the brakes on my Scooter serviced.?brake servicing? what kind? do you just need new pads or are the pistons seized, brakes dragging what?



its extremely easy to do yourself....all of the above.



if you are going to have the scooter for a while (3months +) it is worth buying a manual.



usually minimal tools will be required.



i just changed the pads on my zx9r and all i needed was a 12mm spanner, allan key and flathead screwdriver.



at least have a go, and if you feel you might have done something wrong then take it to a garage.



most mechanics will charge between 25-60 an hour here in london.



you'd be surprised how easy it is.



brake pads are usually 15-30 per caliper depending on how good they are.



good luckHow much should it cost to get the brakes on my Scooter serviced.?You really ought to be able to do it yourself. Safety wise, you'd be doing yourself a favour if you bought a manual and learned how your brakes work.How much should it cost to get the brakes on my Scooter serviced.?It will cost you your life if you don't.How much should it cost to get the brakes on my Scooter serviced.?Here's a parts list

http://shop.wemoto.com/index.dyn?flag=17



You will need to get a labour quote as these can vary from place to place. I agree with the first answer, much better to do the job yourself.How much should it cost to get the brakes on my Scooter serviced.?less than an hours labour- ask the mechanic for an estimate firstHow much should it cost to get the brakes on my Scooter serviced.?Buy a service manual. Buy the parts from Wemoto. Fix it yourself. It is easy to do.

If you really are unhappy about doing it yourself then buy the parts from Wemoto (I use them often and they are superb), go to a local dealer and strike up a bargain. Although legally I cannot condone this but the mechanic may even do it in his/her own time for cash........

No comments:

Post a Comment