Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have an old Honda Civic that needs new brakes and rotors, front and back. How much will it cost?

I have an old '91 Honda Civic with 165000 miles that needs new brakes and rotors, front and back. And I wanted to know how much will it cost? The car is only worth $1200.00, if it costs more than 500-600 its not worth it to me to fix it. Does anyone agree?I have an old Honda Civic that needs new brakes and rotors, front and back. How much will it cost?You can get the pads and rotors pretty cheap. A 91 should have rear drums. It's really not that expensive to do brakes on those. A few things to add. Lube your slide pins on the front. Lube your contact points on the backing plate for the drum brake shoes. Buy new hardware for the rear no matter what. If you do the brakes yourself don't forget to do one side of the drum brakes at a time so you can look at the other side if you are confused.I have an old Honda Civic that needs new brakes and rotors, front and back. How much will it cost?lol andrew, believe it or not, the '91 i had came with disc brakes in the back. they reverted back to rear drums later in the 90's!

Report Abuse

I have an old Honda Civic that needs new brakes and rotors, front and back. How much will it cost?well... i would definetly agree that 600 would be def not worth it to fix... i would recommend doing the job yourself.. its really not that hard... its just time consuming... ive done a few brake jobs myself on my car... and it saved me a hell of a lot of money... also you have an older civic so parts should be pretty cheap... good luck.. and remember.. its only nuts and bolts...

No comments:

Post a Comment