Friday, September 23, 2011

Why do the brakes squeak so much on my 1999 Mitsubishi Galant?

I brought my car to two different places and they both said my brakes were fine and they still had plenty of wear left. They squeak whenever i apply the brakes just the slightest amount. It's very loud and high-pitched. How can I solve this problem? It's embarrassing.Why do the brakes squeak so much on my 1999 Mitsubishi Galant?Get new break pads. Change them yourself it is not hard.Why do the brakes squeak so much on my 1999 Mitsubishi Galant?take the calipers off, and the pads. Spray the backs of the pads with anti-squeak gunk, put them back in, it should solve the problem.Why do the brakes squeak so much on my 1999 Mitsubishi Galant?my nissan 350z does the same thing. I even pulled of the tires and cleaned the rims. i think the slightest amount of dirt or grime can do it. u might try hosing it down.Why do the brakes squeak so much on my 1999 Mitsubishi Galant?Go to an auto parts store and get a can of brake cleaner , it sounds like brake dust on the pads. However, there is an audible sensor built into the pads that sounds like that when the pads need replaced . I would get another opinion from a reputable brake shop , such as Mienke , just to be on the safe side.Why do the brakes squeak so much on my 1999 Mitsubishi Galant?Check out this troubleshooting page on brakes for more info on your issue:



http://www.garage411.com/Brakes



Hope this helps.Why do the brakes squeak so much on my 1999 Mitsubishi Galant?I know that the cheaper version of pads will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment