Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I get the most out of my brakes?

I read the reviews on a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country min van I just bought, most owners have complained of brakes wearing out, I would like to know the best way to stop, and cause the least amount of wear.

Do I pump, ride, or brake heavy?How do I get the most out of my brakes?There are several techniques you can use to save the brakes. Lightly and slowly pumping is one of the best. You can also drive by the gears and downshift to slow the car, but that can be uncomfortable in a minivan. There was an experiment conducted for fuel economy and the winner was the team who drove a regular car but drove it as if the brake pedal was on fire. This caused them to not only save gas by driving conservatively but they had minimum brake wear as well.How do I get the most out of my brakes?i would ride, they all do about the same amount of wearing but riding it applies less stress so it won't soften up(at 35 mph) just don't put it into reverse, it's unbelievable how many people do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment