Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I adjust the rear brakes on my kawasaki 440 ltd motorycycle?

I have an older kawasaki 440 ltd motorcycle that needs the rear brakes adjusted...can someone explain in simple language how to do this? thanks!How do I adjust the rear brakes on my kawasaki 440 ltd motorycycle?Drum brake?



Leading to the rear brake from the lever is a threaded bar connected to an arm behind the arm will be a nut (often a wing nut) on the threaded bar. That is your adjuster, tighten it to adjust (if the shoes are new you will need to loosen it), if there is no more thread showing then the shoes need replacing.



In this image the threaded bar is number 10, the adjuster is number 16.



http://www.dansmc.com/singleshoebrake.jp



You might find it useful to have somebody hold the arm in while you are tightening the nut.



There should be at least 1/2%26quot; of play in the lever before the brake is fully applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment