Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I filled my brake fluid up. How long after filling my brakes will it be safe to drive?

I got my brakes were replaced and ran out of fluid. I was driving and had no pressure . I checked my fluid and noticed that it was empty. So, I filled it... So, Do i have to wait after filling?I filled my brake fluid up. How long after filling my brakes will it be safe to drive?If your brakes have been changed, and you run out of fluid, then you have a leak in the brake line somewhere!!

You can not have any air in the brake line otherwise the brakes will not work. If you ran out of fluid then you would have to refill and bleed the brakes before driving again or the brakes will fail.

To get to the first point about you running out of fluid, what you need to do to check this, is put fluis in the resivour and get someone to pump the brake. Check all brake lines and the bleed nipples located at the wheels it self, If Fluid comes out of the bleed nipples then simply get a spanner and tighten the up. If its coming from a pipe then get it renewed before driving your car again.

If you dont know how to bleed the brakes the respond to this and I will walk you through how, its very easy :)

Hope this helps

AndyI filled my brake fluid up. How long after filling my brakes will it be safe to drive?well you shouldv'e drained the fluid out of your lines before putting fluid in because if you still have no pressure it's because of an air pocket in your line somewhere, and you HAVE to drain the excess fluid out before putting more in. I would take it to your local mechanic, it shouldn't cost much to drain your lines and get more fluid in it. If you have pressure after you added it then you don't have to wait at all to drive it. Also, you can still drive your car with no brake pressure, you just have to push the petal to the floor and it slows you down just fine-just in case you have to go to a mechanic..hope this helpsI filled my brake fluid up. How long after filling my brakes will it be safe to drive?I would be pissed off at the people that did it.They need to be bleed the system if the pedal goes to the floor.Sounds like air in the lines.Look for wet soaked around the master cylinder,if there's fluid on the fire wall they screwed up.Check all the back of the tire rims to see if they're wet with fluid.I would say from experience that you have a hole in one of the lines,or could be the piston in one of the calibers.That or the master witch works your brakes.Yeah inspect for fluid behind the rims,under the hood at the master located on the drivers side.Until then,yes ad fluid,or you wont stop.You ad fluid hot or cold engine or outside temperature.I filled my brake fluid up. How long after filling my brakes will it be safe to drive?What you will have to do is bleed the brake system, after you have found out why the system needed fuel in the first place. Check around the inside of the wheels, under the car, you may have blown a brake wheel cylinder?I filled my brake fluid up. How long after filling my brakes will it be safe to drive?Well...it didn't evaporate you probably have a leak somewhere. So how long to wait for safety? Until you find the leak!

No comments:

Post a Comment