Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I know my fork and disc brakes are compatible?

I'm probably going to get a 2001 Marzocchi Monster T from a friend. If buying disc brakes, does it matter what I buy? Or can I just get any regular Hayes cable discs? (I'm planning to get those 2nd hand)



Please help, thanksHow do I know my fork and disc brakes are compatible?It does appear that this fork is disc compatible. I've included a link to the manual for the 2001 forks for all the information that they provide.



I would highly suggest hydraulic rather than mechanical disc brakes. There is no real advantage to mechanical disc over V brakes. This is because the cable is still the limiting factor.



I'd jump to at least a front hydraulic disc if I was going that route. BTW you will also need a hub that can accept the rotor. Standard hubs don't have this provision.How do I know my fork and disc brakes are compatible?haha, if the fork is compatible with DISC brakes then it wont matter what ones you use, although you may have to get a larger mount if you get a larger rotor, and if you get hayes, watch out for the stroker's they're a good brake but poorly manufactured barrel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment