Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How long are the stock brakes supposed to last on a 1995 harley 1200C sportster?

I have about 14000 miles on my bike, but i'm not sure if the brakes have ever been looked at. how long are the brakes expected to last?



it is a 1995 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200CHow long are the stock brakes supposed to last on a 1995 harley 1200C sportster?emailed you the answer.. How long are the stock brakes supposed to last on a 1995 harley 1200C sportster?Well, I dont know that there's a set rule since how much you use them, how hard you use them will dictate the wear. Normally a much higher milage then what you have. (30K or so)

I would still have them checked not for hieght but a visual since the bikes so old with so few miles, thy have been sitting and picking up moisture for how long now.

How long are the stock brakes supposed to last on a 1995 harley 1200C sportster?Brake pads will wear down at different intervals depending on rider style. I would think that after 14K, you should inspect or have a qualified harley mechanic check it out for you. Unless you have some mechanical skills, I would let a pro look at it, brakes are something you dont leave up to a novice.How long are the stock brakes supposed to last on a 1995 harley 1200C sportster?Brake pads are cheap but very important. At 14000 I'd say change 'em. I put on a new set whenever I put on a new tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment