Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do i adjust the brake pads on a hydraulic disc brakes for my mountain bike?

I have been having problems with the front wheel of my bike in that it doesn't freewheel any more and after checking this weekend i found that i could see and hear right hydraulic brake pad rubbing on the disc.



I have Shimano BR - M486 brakes - i was wondering if how i could adjust this right hand pad by a millimetre or two?



What is the recommended amount?



thanks in advance!



KHow do i adjust the brake pads on a hydraulic disc brakes for my mountain bike?you can adjust the right hand side pad by turning the small allen key head that is on the calliper ( the same side as the pad you are wanting to adjust ) this just simply moves the pad in and out depending which way you turn it



This is about the best way i can explain how to sort it outHow do i adjust the brake pads on a hydraulic disc brakes for my mountain bike?Or you can also loosen the allen bolts that hold the calipers, and while it's lose, pump the brakes a few times, and then hold them! tight, and while you old the brake lever down, tighten the allen bolts that hold the caliper, it works pretty good for me. Good luck

Report Abuse

2 comments:

  1. people are posting their questions on different websites and they are unable to get answers of that. For example had aquestion regarding n7autorepairs brake pads but they did not any answer. i will ask about this from my friend

    ReplyDelete