Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I adjust the brakes on my 1963 Grand Prix?

Just purchased a 1963 Grand Prix, 34,000 miles. Drove it twice before I bought it, drove it 30 miles home, sat for a week now brakes go to the floor %26amp; won't stop.

How do I adjust these, guy said he had new brakes on it, stopped fine during test drives.How do I adjust the brakes on my 1963 Grand Prix?first thing you need to do is check the level in your master cylinder to see if its full and then look for fluid leaks at the inside of the tires. if nothing is found, you probaly have a master cylinder that has gone badHow do I adjust the brakes on my 1963 Grand Prix?you have a bad brake master cylinder.. remove old. prime new, install and gravity bleed system. start at, r/r- l/r-r/f-l/f.How do I adjust the brakes on my 1963 Grand Prix?sounds like a fulid issue the breaks whould have screached etc during the test drive if something was wrong there

if the fluid level is ok you might have a bad brake booster nbut these seem to go out over time even then your foot should go to the floor in a loss of fliud situation



ah dang wtf was i thinking yea the seal is bad in the master cylinder you are pusing the pedal and the plunger has no restance via no seal to pump the pressure



give the other guy the stuff

goodluckHow do I adjust the brakes on my 1963 Grand Prix?You don't adjust your brakes in this situation. They've failed. Adjusting brakes is something yoiu do to compensate for wear,. and you'd need to drive the car thousands of miles for that to be an issue.



So you better get somebody that knows how to fix brakes to come and get it on a rollback.

No comments:

Post a Comment