Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I disable the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier?

I have trouble stopping (in bad weather) due to the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier. I want to disengage them altogether. Simply pulling the fuse did not seem to work for me. I there another way. Or can I perhaps install a kill switch? Any good site to recommend for these types of car modifications?How do I disable the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier?ABS is a proven life saver and skid preventer. Why don't you have someone teach you how to use them properly instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. When they ran tests with and without them, using professional drivers, the ABS won out every time, especially in bad weather conditions. If they're malfunctioning get them fixed. They could save your life.How do I disable the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier?ABS brakes are NOT something you want to get rid of, there is a reason they are standard in almost every car now. They are a life saver, on wet or dry roads. Yours may be malfunctioning, one common misconception is that the ABS light is SUPPOSED to be on, well its not. Just like any other light on the dash it signals that something is wrong, not that something is right. Have it checked and fixed.How do I disable the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier?No. The anti lock brakes may engage more in bad weather, but they are functioning properly. You just need to keep the pressure on the brakes when the anti lock does come on. Letting off makes the computer start counting over and then they don't stop properly.How do I disable the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier?When ABS does start to engage, act as though you are trying to push the brake pedal through the floor. Then let it take over. You cannot possibly outdrive a car with ABS. When the ABS is engaged, simply steer the car where you want to go.How do I disable the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier?Disconnecting sensors will turn your check engine light on. The only legitimate way to turn off anti lock brakes is to replace your rotors with non anti lock brake discs. These wont have the slots the sensors use to calculate braking.How do I disable the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier?you cant disable brake system you need brakes.antilock brake unit and master cylinder is made together.you cant disable antibrake without disabling whole braking system.cheaper to get anti lock brakes fix than losing your life.How do I disable the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier?Most of those cars have an ABS relay to pull. If anything unhook the ABS module,not safe but no answer regarding this ? would be .How do I disable the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier?There is an ABS sensor on every brake of your car, just cut the wire, or uninstall them.How do I disable the anti lock brakes in my 98 Chevy Cavalier?pull the Fuse

1 comment:

  1. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.

    Anti Lock Braking System

    ReplyDelete