Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I adjust the brakes on my craftsman?

I have a craftsman riding lawnmower that has the single pedal clutch/brake system. The clutch engages and disengages perfectly but when the pedal is completly depressed there is supposed to be brakes and there are none. Surely I can adjust it.How do I adjust the brakes on my craftsman?There should be a threaded rod in the linkage between the foot pedal and the brake mechanism, you need to adjust that further apartHow do I adjust the brakes on my craftsman?Follow the brake rod to the rear of the tractor should be on the right side of most mowers. You will find rod goes to a mechanism that is used for brakes. Sometimes you can adjust a couple of bolts on this mechanism to increase tension on the braking system. I believe you will need a 7/16 wrench to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment