Friday, June 3, 2011

How can I stop my mountain bike brakes from squeaking?

I have a Motobecane 600DS and have been riding it for almost a month. Just recently the front AND back brakes started squeaking. It's very embarrassing! In normal English, what can I do to fix this on my own? I'm not mechanically inclined. Can I spray WD-40 around the brake wires?How can I stop my mountain bike brakes from squeaking?Personally I use only Tri-Flow on cables and pivots....NEVER use WD-40 on an bike ever! Besides that it isnt the cables that are giving you trouble it is likely the brake glaze that is on your rim. Rub it off with rubbing alcohol or lightly sand the brake pads a bit and this should work fine.How can I stop my mountain bike brakes from squeaking?Never use WD-40 on your bicycle. You want to clean your rims good and take your pads and sand them down a little to ruff them up. You shouldn't have to toe in the pads on V breaks.



http://bicycletutor.com/part/brake/



Use a lite oil for the cables and pivots.



http://bicycletutor.com/lube-brake-shift

No comments:

Post a Comment