Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I adjust my brakes on a road bike?

It's fairly new bike and the brakes are spongy, they need to be pressed almost all the way to the handlebars to stop. I assume it's just the cables stretching, but I don;t know how to adjust them.How do I adjust my brakes on a road bike?twist the barrel adjuster on the brake lever. careful not to pull it too far out. this should bring yuor pads in a good distance, if they are still centered on the rim.How do I adjust my brakes on a road bike?try this site:

http://www.bikewebsite.com/bicycle-bra.hHow do I adjust my brakes on a road bike?If the bike is new, you don't need to do anything complicated. The other answer already referenced a good site. Go there, and know that you have %26quot;sidepull%26quot; brakes.



Look at the calipers. Just above where the cable attaches to the calipers, you're going to see a barrel adjuster. Turn the adjuster counterclockwise as you look down on it. This should back the adjuster out toward you, and tighten.



Try the brakes....they should be better.



P.S. make sure the lever that opens the brakes so you can get your tire off easily is closed. It's a cam-like thing, and is the rear-most piece of metal on the calipers.

No comments:

Post a Comment