Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I make the brakes on my car last longer?

I've had two cars and in the last 6 years I have had to have my brakes done 3 times. I am assuming it has something to do with the way I am driving? What can I do to prevent wear and tear?How can I make the brakes on my car last longer?well try to brake earlier and more smoothly, also try not to use them as much by example if theirs a red light ahead just let go of the gas and let your car start slowing down by itself.How can I make the brakes on my car last longer?Drive slowerHow can I make the brakes on my car last longer?If its an automatic, make sure you dont drive with your left foot on the brake while you accelerate.

Look ahead to stops and take your foot off the gas %26amp; coast from a decent distance. Try not to slam on your brakes %26amp; yes drive slower.How can I make the brakes on my car last longer?brakes need to be change about once a year if any driving is done.. the higher the cost of pad the better the mileage you will get out of them dont ride the pedal with your foot when driving and taking your foot off the gas sooner 5,000 to 10,000 miles is good no it sounds like your wearing them out about right 3 times in 6 yrs is not bad front brakes last about 8,000 or so miles and the back ones last just a bit longerHow can I make the brakes on my car last longer?If you're driving in traffic, you can assume you'll be stopping eventually. Don't wait until the last second to stop for a light or stop sign, let off the gas and let the cars engine slow you down. That's called engine braking. It can almost double the life of your pads. Also when you do get new pads make sure the rotors and or drums are machined. This will give you a lot more life also. It give the pads more grip and less heating. OH! and you can also drive slow like the other post says...How can I make the brakes on my car last longer?Well, maintainence on the brakes is crucial (brake fluid, making sure nothing is loose), but other thing can affect brake performance, and they can range from simple habit changes to repairs that cost a bit of money.

First: habit changes - try to drive the speed limit or with the flow of traffic.

Try to be 2 - 3 seconds behind the car in front of you (when the guy in front of you passes an object, count the seconds until you pass it, if it is 2-3 then you are good),

when you see a red light, start slowing farther away by takign your foot off the gas and using the brake when you get closer.

When you see a green light that looks like it will change soon or has the crosswalk symbol flashing a hand, start to slow down, because the light will probably change

finally, try not to use your brakes or accelerator going downhill, unless you have to slow down or speed up to keep up with traffic.



Repairs you can do to your car: keep up on your brake fluid, this can make a huge difference.

When you get your tires changed, have the shop adjust the brakes to ensure they don't wear prematurely.

Keep up on your tires, which means keeping them properly inflated and changing/rotating them to get the maximum treadwear

Finally, chane your shocks/struts every 50,000 miles, because this will really help your braking performance.How can I make the brakes on my car last longer?it is normal for the duration of usage of a brake wear and tear to last 6 months to a year your situation is just normal that you change brake at a ratio of 1 brake maintenance in two years depending on how many mileage you run the Car.well that's quite impressive there is nothing wrong with your driving hence i advice you that you have it check twice in a year. prevention and maintenance is better than sorry.How can I make the brakes on my car last longer?QUIT RIDING YOUR BRAKES!!!How can I make the brakes on my car last longer?whoa there, I,ve never heard of brakes, that either the pads or rotars wearing %26quot;out%26quot;%26quot; in 6months or a year without either the calipers not releasing fully most of the time or some kind of extreme usage. Even Taxis in citys last longer than that. Usually somewhere around 60,00 to 100,00 miles or even more is about average. Of Course cars driven on hi-ways last longer than city driving. Don't ride your brake pedal, don't panic stop all the time and buy top line pads to replace the old ones with. Yep, the price you were given sounds a bit overpriced.How can I make the brakes on my car last longer?dont ride your brakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment